The Prom is a big event in any high-school girl's life. For this reason, not only does the prom dress need to be carefully considered, but so do the prom rings that may be worn. Here are some tips on how to choose just the right jewelry for that special night.
1. Make sure to measure the fingers which the jewelry will be worn upon. Especially when buying online, precise measurements will be needed to ensure just the right fit.
2. Keep an open mind when it comes to looking at jewelry. You may find a piece looks good on you that normally would not be considered.
3. Ask the opinions of your friends and your mother. Sometimes it takes a second or even a third pair of eyes to to set a solid opinion about fashion, especially when it comes to jewelry. It doesn't hurt that the opinions will be from trusted sources also.
4. Start shopping early when the selection is at its greatest. Many styles of jewelry may be sold out if one waits too long.
5. Have a sample picture of the dress that will be worn. This way, a salesperson can help you match something that pairs well with it.
6. Many young girls, in their excitement to get their jewelry, forget to remember that the rings should also look good with their shoes. Everything that will be worn on prom night needs to be considered so that the overall look is flattering.
7. Price does not always guarantee quality but remember, in most cases, you get what you pay for. Nobody wants a green finger on prom night from wearing cheap jewelry.
8. Remember that it is not the jewelry that makes the girl, it is the girl that makes the jewelry. Whatever you decide on, be comfortable with your decision and wear it like you "own it."
First and foremost, have fun. You only get one prom night so do not spend too much time fretting about the little things. This is an event that will be in your memories for a lifetime so make sure they are great ones.